Axel Grill is a brand-new name in the headphone world, having previously been busy creating amazing headphones for Sennheiser, who left the Sennheiser brand a few years ago and started their own brand, Which is popularly known as Grell. These earbuds are highly respected within the audio file community. Moreover, The first product to be introduced in this company is the DROP + Grell TWS1X, which gained much popularity in the market. Later came the drop inside the online store, and they created a drop version of Mill’s specific variant with TWSX/1. In which they provide their users with a set of “wings” with drop IEMs that aim to provide a stable and firm fit in your ears.
Moreover, their built-in SoundID apps allow users to customize their favorite music. If we talk about the price of Grell Audio TWS/1, they are priced at £179 in the UK, $199 in the US, and AU$299 in Australia. The company has become one of the leading audio retailers worldwide due to its high-quality audio.Earbuds Review
which has collaborated with some of the leading companies in the world, including Sennheiser, Hifiman, Dan Clark Audio, etc.., with the help of which they have launched this product which is one of the best-selling products in the HD800 series so far.
Overview of DROP + Grell TWS1X
The DROP + Grell TWS1X earbuds can be briefly described as follows:
- The (NAR) Noise Annoyance Reduction function provides the ability to cancel active and passive noise in the audio, combining passive design with the best kind of active algorithmic design. It facilitates noise cancellation without reducing the sound quality through the frequency provided
- With these earbuds, you can get up to 45 hours of playtime with the ANC-included function, which is provided about 8 hours of earphones while 37 hours of charging case. While they give you up to 34 hours of playtime if used with ANC on
- 10mm dynamic drivers have been added to be compatible with TWS1X’s superb sound. In contrast, their Grell design helps a lot in getting detailed and punchy audio. They include a Multiplier Turbulence Eliminator microphone to get the best sound experience during calls through them
- These earbuds support the latest Bluetooth 5.2 codecs, including Qualcomm 5141 chipset with SBC, AAC, aptX Adaptive, and LHDC features, with a Bluetooth range of over 165 feet. You can also sync them with Android and IOS devices as well as Laptop devices
- If the ear canals of these earbuds do not fit your ears perfectly, you may not get the best sound quality and best call performance from these earbuds. Therefore, it is important that you choose ear tips that fit your ears perfectly. For this reason, these earbuds provide you with three different sizes of silicone ear tips
Features of DROP + Grell TWS1X
Here are some of the notable features and technical specifications of the product.
|Model Name||Drop + Grell TWS1X|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless, Bluetooth 5.2|
|Frequency response||4 Hz – 22 kHz|
|Battery life (earphones/case)||45 hours|
|Bluetooth codecs supported||SBC, AAC, aptX Adaptive, LHDC|
|Microphone frequency response||100 Hz – 10 kHz|
|Playback time||5 hours|
First of all, all the essentials are included inside the packaging of these earbuds, which is given below
- Five pairs of ear tips
- USB-C charging cable
- charging case
- Three wingtip pairs
- TWS1X Earbuds Aluminum
The special thing about these earbuds is that all the accessories in their box are of very good quality. Two pairs of foam have been added inside them as three pairs of silicone. Moreover, these earbuds fit perfectly comfortably in your ears. One of the weak points is their USB-C charging cable, which is one of the weakest points in their entire packaging, which is very small and does not work properly. Moreover, the charging case of these earbuds is much more impressive; that is made of lightweight aluminum material and gives your ears a firm and secure fit. The charging case of these earbuds is quite open, in which you can place the ear tips
Design, Build, and Comfort
The build quality of these earbuds is far more interesting and impressive; with their ergonomic design and superb engineering, you can wear them all day long without getting tired. Whenever you wear them in public, you will get many questions about them because they are much more interesting to watch. All their external controls are incorporated through glass touch panels, which give you a very comfortable and light feeling, which you cannot feel while wearing other earbuds.
Although their size is considered large, it still weighs 7.3 grams per unit, which is more wonderful to use, so you can wear them for hours without getting tired. The essential features in the earbuds should be Comfortable, easy to use, and works great, which is present in these earbuds. A small tail is added inside their lower part, which includes a microphone, which you can use to get the best phone call experience. You will feel their sound clear and bold whenever you hear their voice.
Sound & Call Quality
Now, let’s talk about the sound quality of the TWS1X. These earbuds are the best with their bold, textured bass response and exciting overall performance, and their bouncy bass response helps a lot in canceling noise. People who are looking for earbuds to use on the go. The ones you want to listen to while you walk around, grab groceries, and work. So these TWS1X earbuds can be much more wonderful for the users. They can work with every genre of music, making you feel every sound exciting and wonderful. They add it to your music so that you can feel it while listening.
Moreover, their warm and deep midrange voice provides your ears with a smooth, lush, and rich sound experience. If any of the users are interested in listening to expressive and dynamic music, then these earbuds can help your ears feel fuller and sound better. Furthermore, the amplifier in them makes it possibilities to produce characteristics similar to compression action in them that makes the sound balanced and harsh. By using the ANC mods in them would have greatly increased its bass boost. It’s designed to cancel the noise signals around the midrange.
Let’s start the competition between DROP + Grell TWS1X earbuds and the other best earbuds in the market.
TWS1X & Fiio FH3
These two earbuds are quite different from each other in features. Due to their limited functionality, the FH3 is more powerful than the audiophile-based TWS1X earbuds. However, their demand is also very high when it comes to using them on a large scale. You have to spend another 100$ to make them more impressive, which will add the Lotoo S1, Luxury & Precision W2, or some iBasso offerings to these earbuds. When it comes to ease of use, ergonomic design, and excellent functionality, TWS1X features are far ahead of FH3. When it comes to raw audio performance, the FH3 holds great positions to its excellent soundstage characteristics. While TWS1X has some weak points in their Technical aspects, despite this, these earbuds feel more fun, rich and attractive. The difference between these two earbuds is not night and day, but only Bluetooth and wire.
TWS1X & Campfire Audio Honeydew
If you’ve ever used Campfire Audio Honeydew, you’ll definitely remember the TWS1X’s excellent sound performance because both earbuds keep much more engaging, bold and fun sounds, which can be perfect to use during daily activities and travel. The main difference between the two is functionality and comfort because the Honeydew treble is softer compared to the TWS1X.
There is a lot of hype about these earbuds in the market, and of course, the Drop + Grell TWS1X TWS Earbuds are the best pair of TWS Earbuds that cover all aspects of the needs of the users. These include excellent buildability, fantastic ergonomics design, superb battery life, and great ANC features. Especially their sound quality is pleasing to listen to and soothing to the ears. Due to its excellent features, it can be a great choice at the very low price of $199, which you can easily use during outings and travel. If you’re looking for TWS IEMs earbuds, look no further because Drop + Grell TWS1X earbuds can be your best choice. Buy them quickly, and tell us how you feel about these earbuds.
Pros & Cons of DROP + Grell TWS1X
Here are the strengths and weaknesses of the earbuds that you should know:
- 10mm custom dynamic drivers have been included for an immersive sound experience from TWS1X earbuds
- They are included of ANC and NAR features to eliminate unnecessary noise and provide you with the amazing sound of your favorite music
- These earbuds support the Sound ID app, which allows you to control various functions, such as controlling the volume, changing tracks, listening to calls, etc
- These earbuds support Bluetooth 5.2 technology with Qualcomm 5141 chips, which provides a range of 50 meters (164 feet) between the device and the earbuds
- These earbuds are compatible with IOS, and Android devices as well as tablets and laptops
- You can use them for up to 34 hours with ANC function and up to 45 hours without ANC function
- These earbuds support USB-C charging cables as well as a wireless charger
- They include a built-in voice-assistant feature to perform various functions via voice
- An IPX4-rated waterproof feature is added to protect these earbuds from splashes of water and sweat
- These earbuds do not support the Multi-point feature
FAQs About DROP + Grell TWS1X
Discover everything you need to know about Drop + Grell TWS1X TWS earbuds by finding answers to your desired questions.