Jabra Elite 85t is designed exactly like its predecessors like Jabra Elite 75t and Jabra Elite 65t, which are capable of meeting all the basic needs of the users. They are very well designed, In which it supports noise canceling as well as a larger case capacity for upgrading.
Most notably, their earbuds and charging case provide users with 31 hours of playback; also, you can use only one bud instead of two of them. These buds feature longer tips instead of the circular tips of their previous versions, which fit more comfortably in the ear canal.Earbuds Review
Additionally, its silicone sleeves incorporate an earwax guard, which protects them from penetration of the speaker grill. You can use the Jabra Sound+ app to control various commands of these buds so that the user experience can be enhanced. They also include six microphones, some of which are added for calls while others are included for noise cancellation. The remaining generations of these earbuds also included a charging case, but the Elite 85T is more versatile than the other.
These buds also support wireless charging capability, so you can charge them with USB-C charging cable as well as a wireless charger. Opening the case of these buds is very easy, as it is made of plastic material like the rest. Which also Includes magnets on their lid to close it. These magnets are so strong that even if you accidentally drop the case on the ground, it stays safe.
Overview of Jabra Elite 85t
Here is an overview of the Jabra Elite 85t earbuds in list form:
- Jabra’s Elite 85t version gives users to control for advanced digital active noise cancellation technology. In which you can get the best possible sound experience between their ANC and hear-through mode
- Each of these features two microphones, allowing users to experience crystal-clear sound on calls with its latest and most advanced wind protection, allowing clear sound to reach the user’s ears.
- They get up to 5.5 hours of playback time from the earbuds and up to 25 hours from the charging case after a full charge. But if you use them without ANC and hair-through mode, you can get around 7 hours from their buds and 31 hours from their charging case.
- These buds include wireless charging capabilities, besides these devices also support fast charging features. In which you can get 1 hour of playback time from them for a charge of 15 minutes.
- The Elite 85t has been tested on thousands of ears during development. In which the “pressure relief vents” in these buds prevent pressure on the ears. Additionally, their design incorporates three oval-shaped silicone ear tips. Which highlights the quality of your listening and the ears feel good all day long.
- The best materials have been incorporated while making them, featuring an IPX4 rating to protect against water and dust, along with a 2-year warranty.
- These include the ability of the MySound app for further optimize and configure the sound, allowing you to create your own individual sound profile. Which you can change as needed. At the same time, you can also change the button’s functionality. Which includes shuffling or skipping tracks, answering or rejecting calls, etc.
Feature of Jabra Elite 85t
Discover the remarkable features of the Jabra Elite 85t with a stylish and advanced audio accessory that offers effective studio-quality sound, and a comfortable ear fit.85T
|Model Name||Elite 85t|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Driver Size||12 mm|
|Battery Capacity||500 mA|
|Battery Charge Time||Up to 3 Hours|
Design of Jabra Elite 85t
Jabra earphones come in the market with Danish audio brand and stunning design, They are similar in shape to their predecessors’ Earbuds (75t Active). In addition, they provide the convenience of a compact form factor with excellent sound quality. Additionally, their ANC features have been addressed to make their audio experience more immersive.
It does a good job of blocking out loud and annoying ambient sounds, but train and roar sounds can’t be canceled. But if we talk about their charging case, it is nice and small in design, In which, due to their small size, you can easily take them far in the journey. These include a 500mAh battery feature with an average battery life, giving them the energy they need. Its previous version Jabra 75t, charged with a cable, While Jabra 85t can also be charged with a wireless charger in addition to the USB-C cable.
Apart from this, easy control buttons are also included in their earbuds, which control music playback, volume, and other audio features. In addition, IP57 water resistance has been added to the 75t Active. While they are added an IPX4-rated property to protect against water and sweat.
The Jabra 85t design has been updated compared to its predecessors, including audio quality. It includes 12mm drivers, which is double compared to 75t buds. This leads to a better soundstage experience with a clearer and more balanced soundstage. This creates deeper bass, giving the music a bit more depth, thats why Jabra is so popular with its famous bass reproduction. Along with this, their ANC feature have been exaggerated to prevent unnecessary noise.
Moreover, you can turn up their volume quite a bit, which used to be a bad problem with previous wireless devices, which are limited it to preserve the battery life. While Jabra 85t does not involve any such problem. Moreover, the connection between their buds and the device is quite strong and stable. From which, you can get the best experience of the calls without any complaints.
Battery life of Jabra Elite 85t
As for the battery life of the Elite 85t, you can expect up to 5.5 hours of battery life from a full charge. While Apple AirPods Pro provides up to 4.5 hours of playtime per charge. In addition to this, you can use them continuously for 7 hours by using them with on ANC function. You can get a total battery life of 25 hours without ANC and 31 hours with ANC from the earbuds and case. But if you are using these buds only for one hour daily,
So you can use them to a considerable extent without any interruption. Further, they also include the ability to charge instantly, In which you can get up to 1 hour of playback time with a charge of 15 minutes. This feature is most suitable at this time When you’re heading out on a quick trip and want to charge them quickly, so with this method, you can charge them instantly.
Noise Cancellation Performance
Elite has added a Digital ANC function to cancel out the ambient noise, which includes two microphones in each bud. One of the two is a feedforward mic that works to cancel noise from outside the ear, While the second is the feedback mic that serves to cancel noise from inside the ear. However, their excellent noise-canceling capabilities give you a quieter sound.
It wasn’t built on a new level like the Bose Buds, like canceling the comfort earphones. The Elite 85 is more compact. Another standout feature of these buds is their Jabra Sound+ companion app, using which users can adjust the intensity of noise cancellation as per their preference.
Pairing and Controls
Pairing the Jabra Elite 85t wireless earbuds with a variety of devices is simple and straightforward. In addition, they also include the capability of a multi-point option, in which you can connect them to two different devices simultaneously. These buds distinguish themselves from their competitors by virtue of these characteristics. It allows you to play music on one device and call on another device.
You can’t listen to both devices at the same time, but it’s easy to switch from one to the other. In addition, you can create new pair by breaking the already attached pair, while you will often face problems with other earphone apps apart from Jabra. The 85t Bluetooth range is also good, allowing you to enjoy your favorite music over long distances without connecting them. Buttons have been added to each earbud to further control them, making their interface much more elegant.
They also feature a good range of commands, In which you can get the options of one, two, or three clicks away from them simultaneously. It includes all the options (Play/Pause, Next Track, Restart Track, Voice Assistant, and ANC sound mode toggling). Apart from this, you can also customize the behavior of the buds, and at the same time, you can use one of the two buds and charge the other bud.
To take advantage of the maximum features of the Jabra 85t, the company has provided the user with the Sound+ app, based on which the user can customize all the options using a tablet or mobile. Compared to other earbuds, the Jabra app has more features, allowing you to access various menus on the main screen, including customizing button commands, auto-pause behavior, power saving, tracking the last location of the earbuds, etc) as well as noise cancellation mode and EQ settings, that makes their interface that much more awesome.
Jabra 85t comes with excellent sound quality in a compact package that includes the ability to cancel out unwanted nearby sounds. The brand incorporates the best features of its competitors, allowing the buds to fit in the user’s ears, and due to their lightweight, you can take them on long trips without tiring. Additionally, they feature 12mm drivers for an immersive audio experience that enhances the music-listening experience. If you want to get earbuds with longer battery life, you can look for some other. Otherwise, it includes all the other essential features except the lack of a battery.
Pros & Cons of Jabra Elite 85t
Here we are Introducing the pros and cons of the Jabra Elite 85t Earbuds:
- It includes an ANC feature for noise cancellation
- You can use the hear-through mode to filter out and hear the surrounding sound
- These buds provide the detailed sound of a compact design with 12mm speakers, powerful bass, and an AAC, SBC codec.
- An IPX4-rated feature is included in the charging case for water protection
- You can get up to 1 hour of playback time with 15 minutes of charging
- The Elite 85t works best with the Google AssistantTM, Siri, and Alexa voice assistants
Usual battery level